We recently tested the smoke detector upstairs and discovered it was not functional. Opening it up showed that there was a battery inside but it wasn't plugged in. After connecting the battery it tested just fine. The next morning while I was taking my shower it went off. There was no sign of smoke or a fire, it seemed like the humidity might have just set it off. I replaced the battery in case it was just behaving oddly due to low power or something. This morning the same thing happened, so I'll be looking for a smoke detector that can tell the difference between fire and water.
Also, I think it would be really nice if they put a bike path along the West River Parkway, that way bikers would have their own space. Maybe someday.