I used the Automated TiVo Upgrade Instructions site to get the info and picked up the drive at CompUSA for $60 after rebates (not a recommended Maxtor Quickview drive but it was quite a bit cheaper than one of those from Weaknees or another retailer) . I also picked up a $10 Torx set at Radio Shack so I could get the TiVo open. I think it took around 3 hours to copy and prepare the new drive. The TiVo booted up just fine with the new drive and much, much quieter (although now I can hear the fan in the back of it).
I still need to either figure out why my wireless bridge keeps disconnecting or replace it with something that actually works.
Work was okay today. I didn't make it out quite fast enough and was given a high priority task that needed to be done as soon as possible so I ended up sticking around about two hours longer than I'd planned. Kind of messed up any plans to get moving stuff done in addition to the TiVo tonight.