After setting up a new website for my father
this weekend I decided to make some changes to my website
. I replaced Movable Type with Word Press (easier to install and update with my host, and I've got several Word Press sites set up for other people with my host so it'll help me get more familiar with configuratio, etc.). The content hasn't changed, it just looks a little newer and it's easier to make changes. Everything seems to be working properly so far. I also finally got around to killing my Visi page
. Eventually I'll get rid of the Visi dial-up account that goes with it.
I decided to get myself a new camera
with a better movie mode. I was originally planning on something a bit simpler (as usual) but was impressed with the zoom lens given this camera's size. The lens is wider than I'm used to on my other cameras so it's taken a little getting used to, but I think I'll like it in the long run.
I've been playing a bit with Google Voice
lately. It seems like it would be handy if you have several numbers of your own that you want to unify, but it doesn't work as well if you share a phone number with someone else. If someone calls my Google Voice number and my cellphone and home phone ring, monstersocks
could answer our home phone, preventing me from answering on my cellphone. Transcribed voicemails and the options for listening while someone leaves voicemail (like one of those old timey answering machines) seem useful though.